2012 was the year for fitness related goals. 2013 is going to be different. Although fitness will always be an important part of my life, this year will not be like last year.
First, I’ll revisit my goals from last year.
1. Stress. I’m making progress on dealing with stress. I have a long way to go, but I did work on this in 2012 and will continue to work on it this year as well.
2. Priorities. Last year, I wanted to make sure I let some things go because I was training for a half ironman. I definitely succeeded with this goal. Maybe a little too much. There was only so much I could handle, so I didn’t have a choice about giving some things up.
3. Read. I read some, but not as much as I would like to.
4. Recipes. I think I did okay with this one. I went through phases where I would try new recipes, but then I would get lazy and make the same thing over and over again.
5. Training. I nailed the “listen to your body” goal.
6. Food. I did cut refined sugar down to a minimum. I still ate it, but less than what I used to eat.
7. Core + PT. Total failure. I can’t get myself to do core work. Unless it’s incorporated in a yoga class.
Goals for 2013.
1. Be present. I was so bad about this last year. When I was training for the half ironman, I felt like I was always in a fog. I was definitely present and living in the moment during my workouts. But other than that, I was just going through the motions. This year I want to be present in everything I do.
2. Be grateful. I don’t think about all the great things in my life enough. I’m working on this.
3. Don’t stress. I’m putting this one on my list again this year. It’s still a work in progress.
4. Get healthy. This is the year I’m going to figure out what I can and cannot eat. I need to get rid of my stomach aches (I have now had one for four days). Lately I have noticed how much my stomach affects EVERYTHING. If I’m feeling good, I have lots of energy and motivation to get things done. If I have a stomach ache, all I want to do is lay on the couch.
A little reminder on our chalkboard.
As I said above, this will not be a year for fitness related goals. I don’t have any big races planned. I just want to workout to stay in shape, and have fun.
This year will be the year for wedding planning, travel, and home improvement. We have a couple big house projects coming up that I’m really excited to start working on.
Speaking of house projects, I need to get back to some spray painting.
Happy New Year!